Thursday, October 02, 2008

Last night Christina and I watched some Buffys and I got to see the episode "Conversations With Dead People" which I'd heard some of my friends talk about and never actually saw before. It features Jonathan M. Woodward, who is in one of my favorite episodes of firefly as well. In "Conversations With Dead People" he is a recently sired vampire who almost kills Buffy at the very beginning of the episode. When he recognizes it is her though, he stops himself from eating her and starts chatting her up. Buffy's a little disturbed by someone she knew being a vampire and ends up talking to him through the whole episode about how she feels and what's been wrong with her and lots of things she really won't ever talk to anyone about. It's kind of extra heartbreaking for her though that when she's done finally finding someone she can talk to(does Buffy ever open up to ANYONE else?) she then proceeds to kill him. He kind of has the same effect on Buffy that he has on "The Message," which is the episode of Firefly he's in. Kind of makes everyone think about how they were and how they are, why they act the way they do. Also, just like on the episode of Buffy, at the end, Mal has to kill him. Interesting episodes. It also made me go back and watch "The Message" again and it's still just as good as it ever was. I think I've probably seen that episode at least 10 times. I've seen every episode of firefly at least 5 times, but there are some that are just fantastic, and that one is among them.

Anyway, Christina went to bed after we watched Buffys and I stayed up and watched some M*A*S*H episodes(season 4 half of disk 2!) and WoW'd and internetted for a while, then went to bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home